Keep The Blue Flag Flying High..!!!

Keep The Blue Flag Flying High..!!!
Stamford Bridge Stadium

Tuesday 10 July 2012

CHELSEA TV EXCLUSIVE: MARIN FITS IN

Marko Marin, our new signing from Bundesliga club Werder Bremen, is spending his first few days training with his new team-mates, and giving his first interview to the club's own TV channel. The 23-year-old is becoming acquainted with the majority of the squad as they return from the summer break but so keen was he to start life as a Chelsea player, he has already familiarised himself with the training ground, as he told Chelsea TV. 'I am now here for three weeks and I think I know everybody [who works here] now,' Marin said. 'I am happy to start now the team training and I feel good. It was the first time we trained together with the ball, we did a lot and it was good intensity. The first two days we have only one session a day and then it starts with double sessions.' Marin is a German international but he is from a Serb background and although he is beginning to get to know most of the Chelsea squad, one player is already familiar - Branislav Ivanovic who has been helping the new arrival settle in England. He was also briefed on Chelsea by Claudio Pizarro who played one season at the club before returning to Germany where he was a team-mate of Marin. The Peruvian this week rejoined our Champions League Final opponents Bayern Munich. 'He [Pizarro] only had good things to say,' reported Marin. 'I asked him how it is here and he still has a house in Cobham. He didn't play a lot but he said that he had a great time here and he thinks I will enjoy it. 'I think I am an offensive player, more a winger, so I hope I can give a lot of assists to strikers so they score a lot of goals and they help the team. If you play for such a team as Chelsea you want to win trophies, like last year with the Champions League and the FA Cup. The Premier League I think is the best league in the world and to win this, that is my aim.' There is an exclusive Chelsea TV interview with Roberto Di Matteo that can be watched now via online access. from: http://www.app.chelseafc.com/news#2833993

No comments:

Post a Comment